Boat Ramp Problems...

main forum

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Boat Ramp Problems...

Postby Stan Wright » Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:32 pm

I was at the lake yesterday… Wed. 29 July.
The lake level is way down and there is mud at the bottom of the ramp.
We were lucky to push the boat off the trailer and more lucky to get it back on. LOL
Thought I was going to have to call a toe truck to get me out of the mud.

No way I can float my boat off the trailer.

I called Aquatic Resources and they are trying to get hold of the engineers at Dole about closing the gates.. said they would get back to me in a few days.

I also called Dole Foods and left a message about not being able to use the boat ramp…

Just wanted to let you folks know about the lake level and what I’m trying to do on this end.

Saw spawning peacock bass around… and peacock bass with fry. Didn’t see any schooling fish this week.
I had two Boy Scouts working on the Fly Fishing merit badge… plenty of red devil and bluegill action for them.
Aloha,
Stan
IMG_5768.jpg
IMG_5768.jpg (70.67 KiB) Viewed 2831 times
IMG_5750.jpg
IMG_5750.jpg (41.93 KiB) Viewed 2831 times
IMG_5748.jpg
IMG_5748.jpg (66.72 KiB) Viewed 2831 times
IMG_5745.jpg
IMG_5745.jpg (68.88 KiB) Viewed 2831 times

Good News... just got a call from Dole and the gates are closed and the water level should start rising... they want to bring it back up to 65 feet. (it's around 60 feet now). Lake Wilson is used for irrigation, so they would like a little more water in there too. They were just afraid that the hurricane would bring lots of rain and flood everything down stream... read Wailua. 65 feet is a long way from the 80 foot level where water was going over the dam... but at least at 65 feet we can use the boat ramp.
"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

hanapa
angler level

Re: Boat Ramp Problems...

Postby hanapa » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:53 pm

Thanks Stan!

OO7:BASSINASSASSIN
King Sushi level

Re: Boat Ramp Problems...

Postby OO7:BASSINASSASSIN » Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:53 pm

I still think they should charge the people in Wailua who live in the flood zone for the service. That way the money could be used to build a new dam or maintenance of the lake. Is the ramp and park still open?

Return to “General Discussion”