Fly Fishing Merit Badge

Please report your GIANT fish stories here !

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Fly Fishing Merit Badge

Postby Stan Wright » Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:24 pm

Chris finished up the 3rd merit badge in his quest to earning the BSA Complete Angler Award. Today he completed Fly Fishing merit badge... adding it to his Fishing and Fish & Wildlife management merit badges qualifies him for The Complete Angler Award.

The water level is way down... the slats at the bottom of the boat ramp are starting to show... if the lake level keeps dropping, it won't be long before getting your boat in the water will be a muddy challenge.

Water temperature was 74 - 75 degrees. Saw some little peacock bass, but not very many. Saw a bunch of red devils. Most of the time they just drifted off into deep water as we approached... a few would follow our flys, but most just ignored all offerings.

Saw another boat that caught a few on top waters... one big one grabbed the lure and dove back sown into the wood. Broke line... that means it must have been a 10 pounder. :)

Fished the north fork from about noon to 3:00 pm. Good to be out on the water.

a lake.JPG
a lake.JPG (40.6 KiB) Viewed 3319 times

I have no idea why these pictures are sideways, I've tried everything I can to rotate them.
I even had all 4 rotations and uploaded all 4 and they still all came out sideways. I'll call the webmaster tomorrow.
IMG_2410.JPG
IMG_2410.JPG (48.69 KiB) Viewed 3319 times

IMG_2408.JPG
IMG_2408.JPG (40.96 KiB) Viewed 3319 times
"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

Return to “Fishing Reports”