Schooling Largemouth Bass

Please report your GIANT fish stories here !

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Schooling Largemouth Bass

Postby Stan Wright » Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:49 pm

Got on the water around 1:00 PM on Sat and headed for the Saddle... nothing. Cruised around Keemoo Island... nothing. Anchored on the middle of the saddle. The water level is up about 4 feet since Wed.... caught a big red devil and a catfish on live bait... then the bass started schooling around Kemoo Island.

We worked the area of schooling fish for about 2 hours, catching many peacock and largemouth bass on little gold CastMaster lures... Bass Assassin lures, and a few on live bait.

Then looking over toward Blue Boat Point, and what to my wondering eyes should appear but... The Blue Boat. They anchored on the point and immediately started catching fish. We motored over and tied up along side them... tossed in our live bait and the bite was on... Some nice size peacock bass.
IMG_1852.JPG
IMG_1852.JPG (125.71 KiB) Viewed 2698 times

I was fishing with a family and the sons friend. Everyone caught fish. It was lots of fun.
"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Re: Schooling Largemouth Bass

Postby Stan Wright » Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:56 pm

The blue boat that Blue Boat Point was named for. As soon as they arrived... so did the fish. LOL
BBP.jpg
BBP.jpg (207.56 KiB) Viewed 2697 times

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Re: Schooling Largemouth Bass

Postby Stan Wright » Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:57 pm

The kids Mom took a bunch of fish pictures... I was baiting hooks, netting fish, and untangling lines. LOL

Return to “Fishing Reports”