Report 5-14-2013

Please report your GIANT fish stories here !

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

Filthyfisherman
King Sushi level

Report 5-14-2013

Postby Filthyfisherman » Wed May 15, 2013 8:09 am

Launched 9am-2pm, Sunny Prt Cloudy, Wind SE 3mph, WT 78 stained .5ft clearer by the dam, BP 30.01s, Level 77.25f, Moon 26% waxing, Landed 4 LM bass in the 2lbs range.. Fishing is tough right now at Wilson with the elevated level. The first bass came in about 5-8ft on a chatterbait at Condo Cliff point working the grass line torwards the cove. I casted at the grass and let it fall right long it, Yo yo ing it off the bottom. only one fish but produced a few bites doing this. The next fish came in TUC bay on the Right Side and this fish was right up against the bank in a pocket of grass. Caught him using a Chartreuse Filthy Ring Fry with a 3/16oz tung bullet and a TK 110 EWG Hook. TroKar hooks are noticably sharper and you can tell the difference on the Hooksets. Getting hooked up on things didn't seem a issue, So I'd Say TroKar are the way to go if you plan to tournament fish in the future or the bite is light like it is now. The Next fish came in Hula Hoop bay on the Filthy ring fry setup and once again he was close to the bank in 5ft water.. The Next Fish came inbetween Hula hoop bay and Clay's Cove, along the bank in the cove elbow. So I think they are hangnin in coves, but didn't get to really take apart coves anywhere else other than dam and little North.. South and North the water gets muddy but not too bad, worth fishing and trying those coves.. Casting and acuracy is key, Fish are so spread out,,, Location of your cast makes a difference. Every fish I caught came in a pocket, tight to the bank, postion I thought a fish would be holding and looking, etc. I blasted a spinnerbait and All types cranks today without any bites?!

Return to “Fishing Reports”