Report 3-29-13

Please report your GIANT fish stories here !

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

Filthyfisherman
King Sushi level

Report 3-29-13

Postby Filthyfisherman » Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:55 pm

Launched with Marcus 9:30-3, Sunny, prt Cloudy, Brezzy, windy 9mph ESE, BP 29.98, WT 71-76! stained 2ft at the dam,,, Stained mud up at Kincades, Muddy around ramp to bridge, Level 69.50! 4 Bass,, Fish are acting strange? Tons of short strikes today, We changed up colors, slowed down, speed up, They just weren't commiting on both plastic and hard lures... We started off at the Dam,, I've found pods of suspending LM's and Tuc schooling on Shad speratically.. I've been useing a LuckyCraft pointer 78DD in Ghost minnow to consistantly put one or two in the boat. This lure works around 9ft, I like to use this when I see bass (Half Moon's facing down) in the 7ft level. Then I also a Rapala ShadRap Sr-5 on a lighter spinning outfit to get to the suspending fish in the 10-15 ft range, This ShadRap only rolls to around 11ft, but with a long cast and using 8lbs fluro on the spinnnig outfit, you know its a True 11ft.. I landed a nice fat guy with the pointer today,,, Marcus had one on but lost it, looked fat too.... We then poked the flower gardens using my Plastic's, The Filthy Ring Fry has been my go too lure the past few days now, and continues to prove itself,,, In chartreuse and green pumpkin is the only colors needed! 3/16 oz bullet and 1/0 to 2/0 hooks havent' decided which ones work best. The Kincades was muddy and vis was poor,,, not a bite up there??? Threw bunch of stuff.. Headed back fishing around BSI we landed the rest... So things were looking good,, but now this front push everything back.. Seen tons of Peacocks.. There not intrested in lures, but You can scoop them out of the water with a regular net like I did today.. "Thinking try some ich meds on those sick looking Tuc's", treat one in my pond see if it works. This Sundays tourney I am going to start off with those suspending fish again then as the day warms up well see. Power fishing for 4 bites might be the game plan..

Return to “Fishing Reports”