A Tenkara Afternoon

Please report your GIANT fish stories here !

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

A Tenkara Afternoon

Postby Stan Wright » Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:13 pm

:D

Didn't get to the lake till about 3:30... Lots of people out. I was targeting Red Devil with my Tenkara rod. A 13' 6" Amago rod, 13' braided line and 6' leader... 4# test. Gold Flash-a-boo fly with a red bead head.

First cast toward a red devil and this 3/4 pound peacock grabs the fly.

I went back around and started catching these little guys... almost every time I cast into the point... Kunia Pt and the long north point of Boy Scout Island, there would be several of these little guys fighting over the fly.

What fly you ask? "Stan's 50 Cent Fly". It's a #10 size AH hook with a red bead head and gold Flash-a-boo. So cheep to make that Clay said he couldn't sell it in his shop for 50 cents.
:lol:

Also caught over a dozen of these little 5-Bar General. They make great live bait for the big peacock bass. I could have caught a lot more with a smaller size fly.

This 1` 1/4 pound peacock bass came out of no where to grab the little fly... again, as I was trying to get a red devil.

Never did land a RD, but no problem... all the feisty little peacock bass gave the light Tenkara rod (and me) a real workout. A good fun 2 hours of fishing.
The end to a perfect day of fishing.
"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

Return to “Fishing Reports”