Small tuc today 7/10/14

Please report your GIANT fish stories here !

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

skunked
King Sushi level

Small tuc today 7/10/14

Postby skunked » Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:27 pm

Went fishing for about an hour today. First time in about 3 months. Went to my normal spot across from BSAI only to find a group/family of homeless had set up their camp (tent with blue tarp) there. Been fishing there for over 20 years, but now I feel uncomfortable there, so I will be looking for a new favorite spot. Sucks.
Tested out my new Curado 201i to see if it lives up to all the hype. Glad to find that it is as good as advertised! Smooth and a great casting reel! BTW, the previous G model is not as bad as people say it is. People like to exaggerate things on the internet.
There were schools of fish busting every few minutes, but always out of my casting range. GRRRR!!!!
Managed to hook 2 tucs, but landed only one, both on an Xcalibur lipless crankbait. I also tried to dropshot a zoom finesse worm, but had no bites on it.
I hope to find time to get out there more often this summer. Gotta find a new spot ASAP (or buy a boat!) Good luck to everyone!
Fishing is fun only if you do it for fun.Image www.texassidewinderrods.com

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:36 pm

Instead of them taking over your fishing spot of 20 years, call Dole and give them a reason to clear out that area. Gary is the head of their security/leases. Dan is the big boss. Don't let them take over, at least not in the good fishing areas! :wink:
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

Return to “Fishing Reports”