Report From The Lake - Weekend of June 3-4, 2006

main forum

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

tucmaster
master baiter level

Report From The Lake - Weekend of June 3-4, 2006

Postby tucmaster » Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:23 pm

The water clarity is excellent, the water temperature is warm, and the water level is high. Great conditions for sight fishing and tossing our baits at cruising tucs. My brother-in-law and I released 10 "rats" under 1 lb., 13 between 1 and 2 lbs., 4 between 2 and 3 lbs., 5 between 3 and 4 lbs., one 4 lb., and one 5 lb. 3 oz. male, the largest fish of the day.

We're once again seeing larger non-bedding fish cruising the shoreline. Just before ending our outing, a pair of good-sized tucs came cruising by. My brother-in-law lobbed his bait in front of the larger one, which immediately attacked it and jumped clear out of the water - we saw that this fish was over 7 lbs. After a long see-saw battle during which it stripped his 6 lb. test halfway across the lake, it headed for shore, dove under some grass, and got hung up before breaking off. A few minutes later, he hooked and released the smaller of the pair (the 4 lb. fish) which had hung around.

That's it for now. Looking forward to more great tuc action next week. Good luck and good fishing.

Return to “General Discussion”