Teen Bass Tournament

main forum

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Teen Bass Tournament

Postby Stan Wright » Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:32 pm

Do any of you guys know any kids in Hawaii that bass fish?
Please visit www.BBZWORLD.com and view the "TV Show" video about the tournament
Hawaii Fishing News has offered a years subscription to any kid who enters.
The Hawaii winner will get $1200 to cover air fare... and vouchers for hotel and food at the National Tournament... not to mention all the prizes each state winner will get.
Check out the story I wrote for HFN.
Aloha,
Stan

Calling All Anglers Ages 13 Through 19!
Will you be the teenager to represent Hawai‘i at the BBZ Junior Championship Bass Tournament this October in Idaho? The largest “one bass” from Hawai‘i qualifies you for the BBZ Junior Championship.
Fishing eligible for entry started on January 1, 2020, and runs until August 31, 2020. You may enter as many times as you like, so check out this website at <www.BBZWORLD.com>.
A single state entry is $25, or you may pay the $50 BBZ national entry fee and fish in any state to qualify. One 15-year-old girl from Florida fished in and entered catches from five different states. Entries include a one-year, nine-issue, subscription to Bassmaster magazine.
Applicants will be sent a short video on how to measure, photograph and enter their catch. There is a website where you can check to see who has the lead qualifying fish in each state.
Last year prizes valued at more than $370,000 were awarded. Each state winner received more than $5,000 in prizes. St. Croix gave a $500 rod-and-reel combo to each state winner; if an angler caught the national tournament-winning fish with that rod, they gave the angler an additional $1,000. In 2020, grand prizes will include a boat, scholarships, trips and more.
In the championship tournament, you will be provided with rod, reel, lures and a fully equipped bass boat, or you can use your own boat and tackle.
Hawai‘i was not represented last year. I know we have some excellent anglers here in Hawai‘i! Check out this tournament. You could be the teen that enters the largest bass from Hawai‘i this year and goes to the BBZ Junior Championship Bass Tournament in October.
If you do enter the contest, let Hawaii Fishing News know.
Aloha. . . . Stan
"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

Return to “General Discussion”