Lake Water Level?

main forum

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

Ahnko Chee
bait level

Lake Water Level?

Postby Ahnko Chee » Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:49 am

WOW I tried to log on to my account here but could not, and when I tried to reset password the email address was not on record. What da hay?
Anyways opened a new account and here I am after 3 years absence (due to medical issues). Must be why my log in doesn't work.

I live in Kailua, and have on a few occasions arrived at the lake with water level SO low almost not worth trying... almost. :wink:
Is there a website that shows current water level in lake or a webcam of the lake, or even a number I can call so that I don't waste time driving all the way over only to discover water level so low can even launch? How about an app for my phone that shows this info? They have an app for everything nowadays.

Also, any Pongee left in the lake? Used to LOVE catches these toofy nuisances but noticed their declining numbers during the past 25 years.
Illegitimus Non Carborundum

marcusn
King Sushi level

Re: Lake Water Level?

Postby marcusn » Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:26 pm

I too have been away for some time, about 4 years, went to school in Arizona and been deployed for the last 7 months. I'm coming back to Hawaii for Christmas leave and would like to know the conditions as well. All I really do now is trout fishing since I'm stationed in Colorado, but I'm really looking forward to warm weather tuc and bass fishing. I remember having a link to some sort of water survey site that showed the water level at Wilson but I lost it over the years. Maybe someone knows what I'm talking about? I noticed no one really posts on the forum anymore so I'm hoping its not a sign that the lake Wilson fishery is dying.

SeaEagleKayaker
bass level

Re: Lake Water Level?

Postby SeaEagleKayaker » Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:50 pm

The USGS monitors the water level of the Wahiawa Reservoir at the Spillway at Wahiawa, Oahu, HI.

Go to: https://waterdata.usgs.gov/nwis/uv/?site_no=16210000

You can subscribe to get an email report every day. The highest level at the dam is 80 feet. The earthen dam is over 100 years old, so these days they keep the level around 66 feet.

Return to “General Discussion”