Lake Wilson Webcam?

main forum

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

Ahnko_Chee
bait level

Lake Wilson Webcam?

Postby Ahnko_Chee » Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:31 pm

Aloha Kakou Fishing Friends,

Been away awhile after seeing the old forum dead and not finding this new forum until recently. My old name and password did not work so re-registered.
Anyways... I live all the way out in Kailua, and I'd like a way of finding out water levek and clarity without having to drive all the way out to Wahiawa. Been there, done that, with many times there only being a puddle at the bottom of the launch ramp, or the water all coffee colored and full of rubbish.
Is there a website that has a webcam that has a clear view of the lake?

Mahalo nui, Ji

OO7:BASSINASSASSIN
King Sushi level

Re: Lake Wilson Webcam?

Postby OO7:BASSINASSASSIN » Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:29 pm

Welcome back!

JonMaxwell
minnow level

Postby JonMaxwell » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:19 pm

Ahnko_Chee wrote:Aloha Kakou Fishing Friends,

Been away awhile after seeing the old forum dead and not finding this new forum until recently. My old name and password did not work so re-registered.
Anyways... I live all the way out in Kailua, and I'd like a way of finding out water levek and clarity without having to drive all the way out to Wahiawa. Been there, done that, with many times there only being a puddle at the bottom of the launch ramp, or the water all coffee colored and full of rubbish.
Is there a website that has a webcam that has a clear view of the lake?

Mahalo nui, Ji

I don't think there is.

SeaEagleKayaker
bass level

Postby SeaEagleKayaker » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:07 pm

Yes. You're right this forum has quitted down. Some very active guides have left and others, especially Stan Wright have been less active.

So if you have been quiet on this forum because you felt new; it's time for you to tell us all about your experience.

The other day I sent the USGS a webmail saying there was something wrong with their report on the depth at the Wahiawa Spillway. They said no.

So I decided to walk down to the boat latching site today. And, they were right. Lake Wilson is very low -- unusually low. Yet we've had big rain. Are we keeping it low for Hurricanes?

You can check out Lake Wilson levels here: https://waterdata.usgs.gov/nwis/uv/?site_no=16210000

Does anyone know why Lake Wilson levels are lower than normal?

Does that help certain kinds of fishing?

Return to “General Discussion”