Skirts?

main forum

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

StraightArmKing
bait level

Skirts?

Postby StraightArmKing » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:10 am

I saw some pics from previous reports that showed some kast masters that had skirts on them. Do all the kast masters you guys use have skirts? I don't really see that around here but I like it. Tight Lines!!

Calvin
It is my personal conviction that any man who puts his intelligence against a fish and loses has it coming. -John Steinbeck

OO7:BASSINASSASSIN
King Sushi level

Re: Skirts?

Postby OO7:BASSINASSASSIN » Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:06 pm

I haven't tried kastmasters with skirts, but they do work without them.

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Postby Stan Wright » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:15 pm

Kast Master 1 copy (1).jpg
Kast Master 1 copy (1).jpg (51.31 KiB) Viewed 3553 times

I like to remove the treble hook from my CastMaster lures and replace it with a single hook. The single hook is easier to remove from the fish and doesn't get tangled with the lure or line was much when casting... most important, one hook makes it a lot more weedless than 3 hooks. LOL

In this picture all I did was use some orange thread and gold Flash-a-boo. (you can get flash-a-boo at Nervous Water Fly shop in Honolulu, or try asking your local fishing supply store. But Nervous Water has a whole wall of shiny, flashy things to tye to your hooks.)

In the above picture I was using an AH style hook. Now I use a Mustard hook because it is stronger and the eye is a lot bigger making it easier to attach to the split ring of the lure... and that also gives it a lot more action.
Aloha,
Stan
"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

sebasstian05
angler level

Postby sebasstian05 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:13 pm

I haven't tried Kastmaster lure yet, but I would like to try Stan's method.

Return to “General Discussion”