Visiting have questions

main forum

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

Ytown25
bait level

Visiting have questions

Postby Ytown25 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:23 pm

Hey all new to the forum. I'm going to be in Oahu/pearl harbor this summer with the navy. I wanna bring all my bass gear with me and and see what Oahu has to offer. I'm unfamiliar with everything there so all an any info would be great. I'm stationed in San Diego. I normally float tube and largemouth bass fish. I also fish san Diego's bays for bass. I really just want to have an awesome experience and catch some fish. I'll fish fresh or salt. I might even bring my tube. any info would be very much appreciated. :)

OO7:BASSINASSASSIN
King Sushi level

welcome to the forum

Postby OO7:BASSINASSASSIN » Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:35 pm

Hello Ytown25, welcome to the forum. This site has a lot of info, therefore is there anything in particular you want to know. Be sure to check out the regs. As far as tackle goes there is not to much selection for freshwater fishing so keep that in mind when you are packing. The most important thing about going in the lake is being aware of lepto. I think the risk is low but something you need to know about. I hope your expectations are not to high. On Oahu, we have a large population living on a small island which results in poor fishing. Our resources are basically managed by the honor system so you know how that goes. I am sure the quality of fishing is better in San Diego than it is here. How long will you be staying?

Return to “General Discussion”