Will be in Hawaii for only 1 day! Lake Wilson is my goal

main forum

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

jasong
bait level

Will be in Hawaii for only 1 day! Lake Wilson is my goal

Postby jasong » Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:06 am

Hi All

I am travelling to Honolulu for one personal day and rest business. I looked into a "guide" but cannot see spending that kind of money for 1/2 day or full day rental. I was really thinking of renting a kayak and just brining my own reels,lures and finding a walmart or similar to purchase a cheap rod or two.. could i have some pointers /suggestions please?

I will be staying in the Waikiki beach area so I believe its about a 30min drive to the boat ramp. I found a place to rent a kayak near the hotel for very cheap and it includes a "car mount" so i could place it on my rental. but I was hoping to find one even closer to the ramp if possible...

also if by slight chance anyone would be willing to take me out I would glady pay for lunch or gas or whatever. I am from New England and always wanted to catch a Peacock Bass..I fish almost every weekend when the season is in back home so I know my stuff and just want to fish badly, I am able to go Thursday April 11 only. Please do let me know. I will even pay to use your small boat if you can drop it at ramp and allow use for the day? Willing to work it out if you are... I just want to fish haha. TY all for your time i greatly appreciate it...

Return to “General Discussion”